September 19th, 2001

(no subject)

Hmmmmmmmm Portable heater goodness....


And all for little old me.

It's so nice and warm and warm and nice.

Amma happy purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry kitty.

Mwrol.
  • Current Mood
    content content

(no subject)

I finally got around to disserting this article when it was posted today on alt.fan.furry, here is what I said;

> TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES.
> >

*sigh* well then let me just be your sterotypical European and burst this little bubble.

> >This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.

Despite the fact it was written in 1973 (as has been pointed out) one can but assume nothing noteworthy has happened since that point in time.

> >America: The Good Neighbor.

Neighbour; see me after class reguarding spelling.

> >"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the
> >most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the
> >earth.

Most generous and least appreciated?

Well most generous is slightly debatable, 70% of American households contribute to charitable organisations however only 56% volunteer yearly. [http://www.indepsec.org/GandV/default.htm]
Least appreciated? Hell no, we are so glad of all your help in Kosovo and Macedonia in the last year.

> >Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were
> >lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions
> >of dollars and forgave other billions in debts.

Lie #1, the American government did in fact want all debts repaid in full, in fact we here in the UK only just now finished paying the USA back for all the help given in WWII, which we just won't go into discussing.

> >None of these countries
> >is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United
> >States.

Correct now, because we finished paying it back in August last year and yes you did charge intrest.

> >When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the
> >Americans who propped it up,

All by itself? Well not quite the other European countries did point out the fact France was in trouble and did also help support it but we'll let this slip since the bulk of support did come from the USA.

> >and their reward was to be insulted and
> >swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

Try visiting Paris anytime, this is about the same result you will always get it's just the way the French are (which we all really envy because it's such a cool attitude...)

> >When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that
> >hurries in to help.

No, it's the United Nations that hurries in.

I know it's often difficult to see the diffrence but i'm told that there is one.

> >This spring, 59 American communities were flattened
> >by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

Did you ask?

> >The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy
> >pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in
> >those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

Well now, let's be honest as a civilization (you can check this out yourself, go buy a copy of Civilization now) your nation is sumed up with three words (like all nations are);
Democratic, Perfectionist, Aggressive.

Decadent nation? Back in the 70's yes, but then who wasn't.

> >I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the
> >erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane.

Awlright, Eurofighter (just to prove that every counrty DOES make mistakes...), Concorde, we made Concorde (with the help of France) it flies faster then the speed of sound. That has to count for something...

> >Does any
> >other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet,
> >the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10?

Only in design...

> >If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines
> >except Russia fly American Planes?

Not true, for example BA still fly some Fixed wing planes from Portugal and have a small stock of British made Turbo Props.

> >Why does no other land on earth even
> >consider putting a man or woman on the moon?

Big lump of rock in space, hmmm I can see it quite well from here on the ground TYVM.

> >You talk about Japanese
> >technocracy, and you get radios.

And game cubes *drooooool*

Curses... Can I change this rant into a rant against the Japanese?

Please??

> >You talk about German technocracy, and
> >you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find
> >men on the moon - not once, but several times - and safely home again.

However i'd note we still have radios and automobiles but last time I checked there are currently no people on the moon.

How about Russian Technocracy and Mir, the longest suriving manned space craft that beats getting folk to land on a (admitadlly impressive) lump of rock.

> >You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store
> >window for everybody to look at.

You do?
I'm assuming this is a reference to Tabloid jounalism, i'm sorry but nothing beats The Sun and The News of the World.

> >Even their draft-dodgers are not
> >pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them,
> >unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars
> >from ma and pa at home to spend here.

> >When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down
> >through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them.

No it wasn't, it was (shockingly) the countries they resided in.

> >When the Pennsylvania
> >Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old
> >caboose. Both are still broke.

> >I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other
> >people in trouble.

I can name 50,000 times when that trouble was (indirectly or directly) caused by American intervention in the first place.

> >Can you name me even one time when someone else raced
> >to the Americans in trouble?

Just now?

It's hard to see but really everytime there has been a problem that's made it to the news at 11 nations have rallied around to support each other, it's a kind of cool thing that we do.

The trouble is making it to the news at 11, we can't help with what we don't know about.

> >I don't think there was outside help even
> >during the San Francisco earthquake.
> >Our neighbors have faced it alone,

How exactly did the USA come into being, wasn't it the emigrants of these countries?
How did the USA win it's war of independance? Was it not direct intervention by the French?

> >and I'm one Canadian who is damned
> >tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this
> >thing with their flag high.

I agree on this, and this is what sets the USA apart from most other nations a true and proper pride in the country and what it stands for.
This is a good thing to be proud of.

> >And when they do, they are entitled to thumb
> >their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I
> >hope Canada is not one of those."

Anywho, that's been a rant and a half, enjoy or send it to /dev/null, the choice is yours.
  • Current Mood
    contemplative contemplative

Scruff, by randomly

Sugar Water by Cibo Matto does indeed ow.
Whimpers a cup of tea.
Whimpers a Chorley Cake and English Mustard on White Bread Also a bag of tea.
Whimpers a Chorley Cake and A Chorley Cake and a bag of tea.
Ham and A bag of tea.

A day of rant

Warning [15] rated - Explicit word content






--- In LondonFurs@y..., Marcony <marcony@d...> wrote:
> At 10:54 19/09/01 +0000, you wrote:
> >--- In LondonFurs@y..., Marcony <marcony@d...> wrote:
> >> Normal plan. includes dancestage.
> >
> >Would that include cancelling and negelcting to tell anyone once
> >again or is that reserved for special occasions?
> >
> >Fee
>
> That would include me mailing the list if such situations present
> themselves as
> mean I won't be going I will be mailing the list ans normal. That said with
> less than 8 hours to go all looks clear so far. (Not that life can't spin on a
> dime)


*blink* Um...
Sloooooooow down dude, that whole sentence right there, it was pretty messed up.

>
> Further more I would like to make the following point. I set up events with
> the
> genral intention of going to them. I am sure you would not think me so
> selfless
> as to bother organising something I don't want to do. This dose not mean
> however I see any reason on gods earth that I have to go to an event when
> there
> are others going who are perfectly caperble of following a simple plan.


You mean this perfectly simply plan which was decided with a mere 8 hours before the event and which those whom did attend actually followed to the letter?

Right...

>
> In case you hadn't noticed fions the majority of members on of this list are
> far from incompitant and csan quite easily handle thoughs tricky little things
> like Reading a watch, walking from one place to another and not losing each
> other.

Writing coherent sentances does not appear to fall into that category however.

> In shot fee. You don't need me to be there for an event so what right
> have you to demand of me that I am.

Prehaps the fact you said you were going to be, the fact that only three people turned up despite six saying they would (and one of these three would have brought the total up to seven) prehaps the fact that we were worried something horrible and nasty had happened to you (however in retrospect...)

Now maybe only when we actually give a damn about the world around us do we actually tell people who are expecting us to turn up that we won't be able to make it, putting to rest any fears those who are waiting may have and additionally freeing up those who are waiting to get on and do what they are supposed to be doing rather then sit around waiting.

> Quite frankly If I get any more of this I will just let my very closest
> companions know when I'm thinking of going some place and fuck every one else.

Please do, apparently nobody cares as it is anyway so as you say fuck everyone else, hell just disband the list it's completly pointless unless you are one of the elite clique of people.

> I am not the groups private slave and will not be trated as such.

Nobody is asking you to be a slave but to be vaugly responsible.

This is the second time i've been to London, it's been well notified and oh look nobody fucking cares.

Big surprise, I know this is the way the world is but hey you didn't have to rub my face in this kind of shit.

I'm not sure how to end this email now.

Bah.
  • Current Mood
    pissed off pissed off

(no subject)

It's nice to know that when you are all upset and depressed and yet still manage to make a call for help disguised as a rant that nobody cares.

That's just the way the world is now.

I wonder when we all grew up.

Hmmm.
  • Current Mood
    amused amused