Cut for being long and only of intrest if you want to see how incredibly crazy the furry subculture can get.
I still recall the days it was about sitting at a computer chatting to folks, man that was a long time ago...
I've seen ... some noise recently regarding the 112 pages of post at [URL]http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4110 [/URL]
Now I'm going to be as usual blunt, what was the vote for?
'cause like this vote says; "Poll: Should FA allow or outright ban "cub" art?" and then the thread spirals out into banning "Mature" "Cub" "Art" with people bickering over what each of those words means and how pedophillia is involved but not beastality and ... ...
Yeah so I looked up the legal definition of child pornography and this is what it says;
Child Pornography as -
"'Any visual depiction, including any photograph, film, , video, picture, drawing or computer or computer-generated image or picture, which is produced by electronic, mechanical or other means, of sexually explicit conduct, where:
(1) its production involved the use of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct, or;
(2) such visual depiction is, or appears to be, of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct;
(3) such visual depiction has been created, adapted or modified to appear that an `identifiable minor’ is engaging in sexually explicit conduct; or
(4) it is advertised, distributed, promoted or presented in such a manner as to convey the impression that it is a visual depiction of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct.'"
So it's down to 2 and 4 really, a visual depiction that is (or appears to be) of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct.
So uhm what's sexually explicit conduct?
Google (thank you Google ^^) says;
Sexually explicit conduct is defined basically as any form of sex or the "lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area." This definition is used for both child pornography and for federal reporting and record-keeping requirements.
Lascivious \luh-SIV-ee-uhs\, adjective:
1. Lewd; lustful.
2. Tending to arouse sexual desires.
So back to the original question, what's being banned?